Friday 26 July 2013

Understanding


 

Have you ever felt like this? From personal experience I have felt EXACTLY the way the girl in the wheel chair feels as well as the dancer. 

I've been on both sides of that dance floor. My freshman year of high school I tore my meniscus in my right knee and had to have surgery to repair it. I missed 2 competitions and many dance practices. 

Six months later my meniscus re-tore and then I had to have another surgery to trim it out. I then missed another competition and many more practices. 

 My senior year of high school it happened again but this time to my left knee, same exact timing. More competitions and practiced were unattended. 

Even being recovered I am unable to do certain things.

While going through recovery I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming from pain as the meniscus slowly tried to accept the repairs. 

I remember thinking 'the Savior knows what I am feeling right now'. It's true. He has felt every pain that we have and ever will feel. I felt bad that He felt that pain for me but also grateful because I know He understands.

He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and we'll talk (: